Importance Computer Aided Design to Engineering students.

A forum for current and aspiring engineers.

Moderators: italkmoses, Francomekus

Kaycee
Probation
Probation

Importance Computer Aided Design to Engineering students.

Post by Kaycee » Thu May 18, 2017 3:41 pm

How important it is for Engineering student to learn CAD like SolidWorks or any other 3d modelling software and ANSYS?
In this age of using computers I do not understand why Student Engineers shy away from using these advanced software tools. (Personal opinion: Probably because they believe that computer programming is extremely difficult and not their cup of tea)

By now, the institutes should have had included the use of such software tools in their standard curriculum. Being an Engineer, there are various tasks that can be done very easily using these software tools. In essence, they have been built to make modeling, equation solving and simulations easier and more accurate.

The major software tools that you should be ideally be comfortable in working with includes (but not limited to) MATLAB/Mathematica, Catia/AutoCad, Ansys, PDMS, Autodesk Inventor

If you have an opportunity to explore and learn these software tools, please take it up seriously. They are not only a plus point in your resume but also helpful for your final year projects, industry projects or in research field that you might do in the future. 8-) 8-) 8-)
Poparazee[/color]

Ayoo
Probation
Probation

Re: Importance Computer Aided Design to Engineering students.

Post by Ayoo » Thu May 18, 2017 5:22 pm

This is very true, though i don't think Engr'ng students shy away from it cos it's difficult, but cos they really don't know the relevance of such to their field (personal experience). I learnt AutoCAD during my Industrial Training, and it has stuck with me since then. I hope our tertiary curriculum will be reviewed and improvements be made.

Primusinterpares
Probation
Probation

Post by Primusinterpares » Wed May 31, 2017 8:01 pm

Auto cad is a prerequisite of engineering graduate... I have been opportuned to work with conducting Senior Engineers to NSE exam and one of the test is based on knowledge of Auto Cad

TechPanda
Hot Trainee
Hot Trainee

Post by TechPanda » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:43 am

A Mastery Of Even Atleast One Of These Softwares Is A Plus.
Follow your dreams

tiwarikalpna582
Probation
Probation

Post by tiwarikalpna582 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:30 am

The individuals who begin late, pass up a great opportunity for fundamental planning time thus they need to make it up by going on an overdrive. No less than 6-8 long periods of diligent work must be a piece of your every day regimen on the off chance that you are one of the late starters and have only multi year to plan. You can decrease this readiness stack by beginning early. First off, consider the examination example of the most recent couple of years. As there are subject-wise cut-off imprints, you have to comprehend the weightage of the inquiries asked in earlier years' exams. The following stage is to select in an exhaustive report program at the IIT instructing focus to enable you to recognize your feeble territories and work on them. You likewise gain admittance to broad research based examination material from these IIT instructing focus. To accomplish most extreme speed and exactness, nothing is as imperative as training. Arranging an everyday standard and adhering to it helps gigantically. Continue sharpening your numerical capacity to accomplish most extreme clearness in critical thinking. Likewise, continue endeavoring thinking capacity inquiries to comprehend them better.
Best B.Tech College in Lucknow | B.Tech Admission in Lucknow

Return to “Engineers”