The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments
We are looking for qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: FT Health Specialist/Immunization, P4
Job Number: 516594
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
How can you make a difference?
• The Health Specialist Immunization is accountable for professional leadership and innovation in the development, planning, implementation, delivery, monitoring, evaluation and oversight management of the Immunization programme in conjunction with Child Survival and Development, Maternal and Child Health, Health and Nutrition components within the country programme, to achieve the UNICEF’s immunization plus goals and objectives for the country.
• Accountable for ensuring the UNICEF Immunization programme promotes gender equality, with an emphasis on gender disaggregation, gender disparity identification and gender mainstreaming.
• Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and coordination contribute to the Situation Analysis with consistent integration of sex disaggregated data and its periodic update for effective project planning, development and management.
• Quality contributions are made to the development and implementation of the Immunization strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partnership.
• The capacities of Country Office staff are strengthened through effective capacity building programme in the development, implementation and management of the Immunization programme.
• UNICEF and Government accountability is ensured for supply and non-supply assistance and disbursement of programme funds for the sector.
• Effective partnership and collaboration achieved and maintained for advocacy, technical cooperation, programme coordination, information sharing and knowledge networking.
• The most relevant and strategic information is provided to support the Immunization Programme by the effective implementation of integrated child survival monitoring system.
• All required programme reports are timely prepared in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
• Emergency preparedness is maintained, and in emergencies, emergency responses with effective coordination are provided.
• Work plan and objectives are strategically established, technical support is effectively provided, and planned results are timely delivered through exercise of strong leadership.
• Project implementation progress is monitored and evaluated for adjustment, acceleration and improvement of program delivery and sustainability.
• Technical support is provided to government and NGOs at all stages of the programme cooperation, including capacity building of government personnel and beneficiaries.
• Other assigned duties and responsibilities are effectively performed.
• Advanced degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Medicine, Public Health, Paediatric Health, Global/International Health, Health Policy and Management, Family Health, Socio-medical Sciences, Health Education, Epidemiology, or other fields relevant to immunization.
• Eight years of professional work experience at the national and international levels in development, planning, programming, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and managing of health/Immunization programmes. Professional work experience in a managerial position, or a technical expert position in child survival & health care.
• Developing country work experience Background/familiarity with Emergency.
• Fluency in English and another UN language.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
• UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply
• UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
• Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Application Deadline 11th October, 2018.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
hooding it all....