My Environment, My Health

Discuss all environmental issues here.

Moderators: Kaflad, abiolaayindebello

abiolaayindebello
Hot Officer
Hot Officer

My Environment, My Health

Post by abiolaayindebello » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:19 pm

As reported by WHO, about one-fourth (¼) of annual deaths are directly caused by unhealthy environment. Our health life is so much dependent on things we eat, drink and even breathe.

One of the major strength of human survival is water. This same water bodies are seriously polluted with water-borne diseases, hazardous chemicals and toxins due to our poor waste management, leaving us to cling on little drinkable water or forced to take the polluted water. These pollution has caused declination to human and other living organisms' health substantially.

The major source of this pollution is discharge of untreated raw sewage from factories, households (through soaps in washing), increase in the usage of synthetic Organic substances (such as PET bottles), oil spills (as experienced in some south-southern states of Nigeria).

It is a known fact that micro-organisms love to dwell in moist environment, hence, infectious diseases can easily get spread through these contaminated water bodies. Some of these easily contacted diseases are Typhoid, para-typhoid, malaria, cholera etcetera.

Suggested Way Out
  • Do not liter the ocean
    Good discharge practice should be adhered to while disposing hazardous chemicals (i.e. it must be well treated prior to disposal)
    Awareness should be given to the general public, often

Let's hear from you, what other means do you think can be used to end this detrimental act of water pollution? Over to you, Great Minds.

Maclatunji
Site Admin

Re: My Environment, My Health

Post by Maclatunji » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:37 pm

Just go back to the old system in Lagos and improve on it if you are Governor Ambode of Lagos,
Send your articles for publication on via contact@opinions.ng.

My personal blog is Coolstuff49ja

Follow me on Twitter @maclatunji

abiolaayindebello
Hot Officer
Hot Officer

Re: My Environment, My Health

Post by abiolaayindebello » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:13 pm

Maclatunji wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:37 pm
Just go back to the old system in Lagos and improve on it if you are Governor Ambode of Lagos,
Can you please enlighten us, what's the old system in Lagos? And, how can it better the nation at large?

Return to “Environment”