As A Teacher What Would You Do?

A forum for teachers and aspiring teachers.

Moderator: Kazrem

Kazrem
Hot Manager
Hot Manager

As A Teacher What Would You Do?

Post by Kazrem »

It's past 12 past 9 as at the time of typing this. This is when some students (or pupils) remember a teacher gave them home play (work) on Friday. As a result, they would do a shabby work or not do it altogether. When they submit it, it would be so obvious they did it at loss time. This would be written all over the home work. I know this from experience.

So, as a teacher what would you do if your student did a shabby home work or fail to to do it?

Give reason(s) for your answer.

Let's learn.
I am an Amazon #1 Bestselling author of Write To Stardom (How To Write Irresistible Articles That Keep Readers Glued To You From A-Z)

Maclatunji
Site Admin

Re: As A Teacher What Would You Do?

Post by Maclatunji »

I think this is one of the reasons I am not a 'teacher' in the classic sense of the word.
Send your articles for publication on via contact@opinions.ng.

My personal blog is Coolstuff49ja

Follow me on Twitter @maclatunji

Jarus
Site Admin

Post by Jarus »

I love teaching but I have little patience for students that lag behind.

Kazrem
Hot Manager
Hot Manager

Post by Kazrem »

Jarus wrote:I love teaching but I have little patience for students that lag behind.
Teaching teaches patience Sir.
I am an Amazon #1 Bestselling author of Write To Stardom (How To Write Irresistible Articles That Keep Readers Glued To You From A-Z)

Chukwuebuka Collins
Probation
Probation

Post by Chukwuebuka Collins »

Its really upsetting when you have a child in class that lags behind but rather than just focus on the problems and negative emotions such actions might generate,I would rather seek out for a solution. What about asking the child to repeat that same exercise as a class activity? This way we really get the job done! (My take though)

ThePost
Hot Trainee
Hot Trainee

Post by ThePost »

Permit me to play the devil's advocate for a moment :D

Is giving homework to students that important in the first place? More often than not, most of these students don't write their homework themselves so why the fuss? In a situation like the one painted by the OP, as the teacher, I'll ask the student to retake the homework as class lesson. That way, I'd be able to monitor his understanding or lack of it.

Kazrem
Hot Manager
Hot Manager

Post by Kazrem »

A good reply by the last two commenter. Exactly what I will do too only that he will do it during long break when his mates are playing.
ThePost, the essence of homework is among others to help students recall and retain what they have learnt in school. Truly some students get helped to do it but we will not because of that not give them the home work. We must do our part. My opinion though.

AdmissionPro123
Probation
Probation

Post by AdmissionPro123 »

I love the teaching because Great teachers do it all. They have to. Across all ages, languages, ethnicities, and subjects, teachers are, and need to be, some of the most widely skilled people around in order to be successful. A day in the life of a teacher can vary greatly depending on the subject and grade level in which they teach.
RR Institute of Technology AdmissionSapthagiri College of Engineering admissionSri Krishna Institute Of Technology AdmissionVenkateshwara College of Engineering Admission

shizuka
Probation
Probation

Post by shizuka »

nice thread...

Return to “Teachers”