Why is Difficult for Nigerians to Invest in the Agriculture Sector?

A forum for people involved in Agriculture.

Moderators: ThePost, Agricinfo

ThePost
Hot Trainee
Hot Trainee

Re: Why is Difficult for Nigerians to Invest in the Agriculture Sector?

Post by ThePost » Sat May 20, 2017 7:17 am

Personally, I don't think people are hesitant to invest in Agriculture. I mean going by what's been happening in the sector in the last decade, you'd agree with me that people are even now more than willing to place their gold on farming. In this 21st century, aside Tech and entertainment, Agro is the next big thing - and it's always been and will forever be.

However, for those Who'd rather not invest in Agriculture, me believe they probably still see the business from the hoe and cutlass angle. Well, far from it. Agriculture is even bigger now going the feats being recorded in the it's allied ventures alone.
Agriculture has so a long value chain that we all can be doctors, lawyers, journalists and still be involved in Agriculture.

Interestingly, Nigerian don't even need more farmers - we already have enough. But with the right technological input and the support of government, Nigeria will feed the whole of Africa.

nblinks
Probation
Probation

Re: Why is Difficult for Nigerians to Invest in the Agriculture Sector?

Post by nblinks » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:49 pm

True though, many of our investors do not realize that investment in agriculture and its products can yield good return on investments. Not only will they make good profit from the investment, but also be providing jobs for most Nigerians.

Take it or leave it, Nigeria agricultural sector is getting to that state where many investors will be investing; because agriculture has major benefits to Nigeria.

Return to “Agriculture”