2 elements that will take your business to success: My e-Retail experience.

A forum for current and aspiring entrepreneurs.

Moderators: Creativity, Gerrard59

Mansa
Senior Hot Officer
Senior Hot Officer

2 elements that will take your business to success: My e-Retail experience.

Post by Mansa » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:14 pm

I sold goods to all regions of Nigeria, when I was running my e-store. Two vital factors helped the business:

1. Trust
2. Value

Trust: Building trust was the first challenge. There was no escrow service provider and customers outside my city had to pay in advance to patronize the business. Yet, I was consistently transparent in every dealing; which eventually built trust for the business.

Value: I saw customers as king and treated them same way. I created a feeling of personal relationship, and direct correspondence with the person that matters in the firm; by attaching a personal handwritten "Thank you" note on goods purchased by every customer.
IMG_3671.JPG
IMG_3671.JPG (755.36 KiB) Viewed 515 times
Small business owners and startup entrepreneurs, these 2 elements will make your business a success.
www.mybroadstreet.com ...knowledge through experience!

Maclatunji
Site Admin

Re: 2 elements that will take your business to success: My e-Retail experience.

Post by Maclatunji » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:05 pm

I agree. A technician that was impressing me with our early interactions has created a trust deficit the first time I left him with some small money that is still tangible. Not that I expect him to abscond but he has not delivered in 3 days what he promised in 1 and has not thought it necessary to call me or give any explanation.
Send your articles for publication on via contact@opinions.ng.

My personal blog is Coolstuff49ja

Follow me on Twitter @maclatunji

Mansa
Senior Hot Officer
Senior Hot Officer

Re: 2 elements that will take your business to success: My e-Retail experience.

Post by Mansa » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:53 pm

Maclatunji wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:05 pm
I agree. A technician that was impressing me with our early interactions has created a trust deficit the first time I left him with some small money that is still tangible. Not that I expect him to abscond but he has not delivered in 3 days what he promised in 1 and has not thought it necessary to call me or give any explanation.
You see what I am talking about. These factors that look ignorable are the main elements that help build business and brands.
www.mybroadstreet.com ...knowledge through experience!

Return to “Entrepreneurs”